Today was nice... a bit muggy... with big scary clouds in the PM... but lovely in the AM.
It was nice getting up and going to work without having to go through any rituals except my own. :)
~ up in the early morn, stepping around sleeping babies... the coffee maker a singular voice....
~ more of the same today in the land of work... I'm at least 75% done with the research.
~ now it's all about throwing everything into the air and ... making sure it all comes down in a new and sensible way...
~ tonight was some driving around to take kids from here the there... and back again... waving to suz as she takes off to play some games with some other women in da'hood, and watching an epi of firefly with the boys.
~ now? captain relax at your service. :)
~ that dawna gets some relief...
~ for krizsa to be a superstahhhh
~ and to tell dotcombabe that she's doing all the right stuff and that's going to have to be enough. Hugs.
Happy birthday Sugar-j (jenny_rambles). I hope this next year brings you ... what you're looking for, and finds a way to remind you that family will always be family, if you let them.
You can take a lot away from a man
but you'll never get the bit that's going to remember that you took all that other shit away.
Just made brownies for the boys... like, between typing the birthday wish and now. :)
~ and for the record:
- cut up a 1/3 cup of butter... like an inch on a brick... and put it in a sauce pan to start melting (low low heat)
- turn on oven... 350.
- poke around at the butter... making it melt faster because you stare at it really hard...
- add 1/4 cup of cocoa... stir stir stir...
- add two small hand-fulls (hands-full?) of nice fresh choco chips... (hershey chipits... omg! :D)
- stir stir stir... till it's all melted, smoooooth and creamy.
- turn off the heat under the sauce pan.
- add 3/4 cup of white sugar... and stir stir stir.
- mix a teaspoon of baking powder into 3/4 cups of flour...
- dump the flour into the goop... stir a wee bit... mighty dry...
- pinch in some salt... like shake a shaker over it a few times... as much as a 1/4 teaspoon is fine... less is ok too...
- hand mix two eggs in a bowl, then dump it into the goop and begin to stir immediately.
- Not good to let raw egg rest against the edge of a kinda hot sauce pan... it starts to cook... so stir it all up... stir stir.
- Rub some butter on the bottom of a pan (small rectang... we call ours the "brownie pan"...so... go figure), then toss in a teaspoon of flour and shake it all about, then dump the excess - didn't stick to the butter - flour" thing to the pan first.
~ pour goop into pan.
- Bake for 25 +- a few at 350. Test it with a toothpick in the middle. (plunge toothpick in... slide it out... if there's wet-goop on the toothpick... it's not done... cook it more - repeat in 5, but it'll be done...)
- turn off oven. :)
~ eat chocolate... and be happy.
now? I think time to watch George Lopez...