Ok... I'm on "real time chat with an HP Technician" at the HP Support page (printer problem) This is soooooooooo a bot. Linda: Hello Andrew. Linda: Welcome to HP Total Care for Photosmart Products. My name is Linda. How may I assist you today? andrew *: Hi linda... the problem is getting my 7150 to print without a tab. andrew *: Goal: 4x6 (no tab) hp photo paper Linda: Please go ahead with the query. andrew *: I set everything... "borderless printing" 4x6 (no tab) and select the HP Premius Plus paper... 4x6 and yet... the 7150 still prints the image and crops off a bit ont he left for a "tab"!!! Linda: Okay, I am here to assist you and will do my best to resolve your issue. Linda: Are you using this printer along with your computer or is it a stand alone printer? andrew *: NOT stand alone Linda: okay, Thank you for the information. Linda: Here I am sending you a web page, which contains the possible resolution to this issue, It will appear in the pop up page which you got when you connected to this chat session. Linda: I have sent you the page, May I know whether the Web page is opening for you? andrew *: it's trying to... yes... looks open. Let me look at it... Linda: Sure, take your time. Linda: One more important thing is, 4 x 6 inch media prints without borders on three sides with a small extra border on the BOTTOM edge that should be trimmed off after printing. For further information, I request you to visit the following web site: Linda: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=c00028924&lc=en Linda: NOTE: If clicking the link above does not work: Select and copy the entire link. Open a browser window and paste the link in the address bar. Click Go or, on your keyboard, press Enter or Return. andrew *: so... do you watch The L Word? andrew *: no seriously... this isn't helping. andrew *: The first link talked about an issue unrelated to my problem. andrew *: the second link is a survey... andrew *: bot bot bot Linda: Okay, it is not the survey. Here I ams ending you the second page once again. Linda: May I know whether the Web page is opening for you? andrew *: yes... I have to look it over for a moment... Edit (note: This goes on for a while longer... and ... INSANELY... Linda the bot... solved my problem. Linda: Sure, Please go ahead. andrew *: does it matter that my printer model (7150) is not on the list of printers this support page references? Linda: I understand your concern. These steps will also applicable to 7150 model andrew *: oK... I see the part that explains our problem. BUT ... we received borderless paper "with" the ink cartidges purchased for this printer. andrew *: We bought more of that same paper... and opened it... trying to make this work. Is this saying we "must" use tabbed paper for printing borderless on 4x6?? Linda: Yes, you are correct. If we do not use the tabbed paper, media prints without borders on three sides with a small extra border on the BOTTOM edge. andrew *: how do you set this printer for printing on 4x6 "non borderless" ??? Linda: Andrew, please be informed that it is not possible to print non border less on all the sides. 4 x 6 inch media prints without borders on three sides with a small extra border on the bottom edge that should be trimmed off after printing. andrew *: Ok... I understand. Linda: Thank you so much. Linda: Is there anything else I can assist you today? andrew *: what's the point of 4x6 (expensive) HP Paper????? if you have to crop it all the time?????? (cut the paper?) Now it doesn't fit any frames? Linda: I understand your concern, Andrew. Borderless printing is only possible when using 4 x 6 with tab paper. Without tabbed paper, a three-sided borderless print will result because of the mechanics involved during the paper feeding process Linda: Please refer this web page: Linda: I have sent you the web page, May I know whether the Web page is opening for you? andrew *: the page opened. So can I return the untabbed paper? or are you going to offer to send me a free sample pack of tabbed paper from HP? Linda: Andrew, you please go to the purchase store and exchange the un tabbed paper with the tabbed paper. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused you. Linda: Is there anything else I can assist you today? andrew *: will they accept the paper back opened? I don't have the receipt... Linda: Andrew, with out the receipt, the store people may not accept. Please visit the store and enquire with the store people. Store People: I'm reminded of that "lego porn" thing with the guy wanting to talk to the "house lady"...