REGARDING THE JAVA SCRIPT PROBLEM
[ :: this link :: ] will take you to a zip file with six java files .js).
2. itsmCGI.js. This is one of five files used in making a DHTML menu. Sets parameters used in forming the menu.
3. itsmmenu_preview.js. This is one of five files used in making a DHTML menu. Enables sub menu pops to work.
4. itsmmenu_ns4.js. This is one of five files used in making a DHTML menu. An offloading of all the netscape elements of the DHTML menu.
5. itsmmenu_dom.js. This is one of five files used in making a DHTML menu. An offloading of all the Non-netscape elements of the DHTML menu <so basically the same file as the previous...)
6. itsmmenu_loader.js. This is one of five files used in making a DHTML menu.The script that gets the DHTML menu ball rolling.
To test this stuff;
Put the following above the "body" element in an default html page...
Then put the following anywhere inside the body...
That should take care of putting the menu on the page.
Now the problem is that when I add the following lines (that call the scrolling text window) the SUB MENU element on the menu STOPS OPENING. only the first menu item has a sub menu... and it simply stops working when the following is added AFTER the menu codes...
Special note: you will notice some weird ass variable names in the menu code... I swapped out all the "ns4" type variables and just added the second "first letter" (hence ns4 became nns4) just to isolate that the problem was not related to the Browser test functions and variables used there.
Also... I was able to isolate the problem (I think) to the last block of code in the text scrolling java script...
it begins with;
"Isolate" in this instance means... I simply REMOVED the functions one at a time... saved the script and tried the page saying YES to the error prompt about "Do you want to keep processing scripts?" .... The sub menu does not stop working when that one block of code is removed. That may be totally senseless... but I'm just trolling in the dark here...